Friday, June 25, 2010

A Larry/KUCI mix



This is pretty cool. Years ago before the advent of CDs, there was a thing called cassette tapes. Frequent visitors may remember that I was a DJ at KUCI. Being a college radio station, I had access to a lot of stuff that wasn't in rotation elsewhere. I played a lot of the stuff on my shows… some of it becoming hugely popular in the following years. Back around 1990, or so, I didn't have any of this stuff on CD, so I took my dual cassette recorder and created a mix tape of some of the highlights and some of my favorite songs that I otherwise did not have access to. As I am currently going through my old tapes and digitizing, I digitized this one and it turned out pretty good. So, I thought it would share it. If you regularly come to this blog, you are guaranteed to enjoy this mix. If you are a “Larry fan”, you will love this mix. If you're a music snob… go elsewhere. Here's the track listing.

Peter Murphy - I've Got A Miniature Secret Camera
Spacemen 3 - Ode To Street Hassle
Replacements - I Will Dare
U2 - Walk To The Water
Pajama Slave Dancers - Jesus Skates
KUCI Inquisition
U2- Luminous Times
Silver & Gold
Saints - (I'm) Stranded
Leaving Trains - Temporal Slut
Balaam & The Angel - Running Out Of Time
Green River - Porkfist
Beatnigs - Burritos
Malcom X
Siouxsie & The Banshees - Catwalk
Redd Kross - Annette's Got The Hits
Velvet Underground - The Gift
Gang Of Four - (Love Like) Anthrax
Circle Jerks - Wild In the Streets
Glorious - Breeders
Doe - Breeders
Happiness Is A Warm Gun
Iggy Pop - 5' 1"
Dead Milkmen - Ask Me To Dance
Dead Kennedys - Viva Las Vegas
Gaye Bykers on Acid - Git Down
Anthrax - I'm the Man
Negativland - Michael Jackson




This is cool..and is included above, but I isolated it. Steve Rice, Kelley Sewell, and I made an ID (a spot "advertising" the ststion) and based it on monty Python's "Spanish Inquisition". this is the edited version, but there is a longer one somewhere..


No comments: