Monday, June 23, 2008

George Carlin R.I.P.


(Note: if you're visiting the main RUHtf page, be aware that Sunday the 22nd starts automatically and is very loud. Scroll down and press stop or it will blast your speakers. If all you see is this George Carlin post, you're cool. Don't say I didn't warn you).

We lost a great one yesterday. A real crusader for free speech and revealing the inanities of society.

We saw him a year and a half ago, and he said that he made it to his favorite age: 69.

I also met him a few years before that (thus the above picture). Though he was "On" when on stage, in person he seemed frail...very fragile and vulnerable. We had a great conversation and he seemed really impressed with me and all I could do.

The next week, he checked in to rehab.

Anyhow...here's a couple classic routines:

Carlin on the Ten Commandments


Carlin on Language


The classic - 7 Dirty Words


In my opinion, one of Carlin's greatest routines: Modern Man

No comments: